Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Jeremy Crow Christmas Countdown 2010 #6


Of course my biggest problem these days is writing in general. I have no ambition to do so and despite little moments of “faking it” just sitting down and trying to write something new is completely unproductive. I had completely forgotten about my signature writing and the whole Christmas Countdown until a couple of days ago. As sad as it sounds it has been the only “dedicated” writing I have done from the very beginning. Even a raging case of the “fuck its” can't keep me from that I guess or I wouldn't be sitting here typing this. Besides the fact that I have to complete the “Evils's Trilogy” {and if you don't know what I mean then keep reading the “best of” and you'll figure it out before it is too late} I also find that this time of the year requires a venting of the frustrations that surround Christmas. I usually have some humor, some “know it all”, some bitching, and just about everything I love about the holidays all wrapped up into a neat little countdown and this year will be no different.

I guess I always start off with the bitching, so why end that trend? Factually speaking, life in Singledaddyland is ALWAYS a real grind this time of year. For some ungodly reason I have most of my major bills all coinciding with the one month a year I know I am going to be sacked with the “Hallmark Approved” bills, and worse yet, those of us living in the real world are also being squeezed from both ends too. I get that wonderful Auto Insurance bill at the beginning of the month, and then I spend the rest of the time scrambling to get everything else paid for just in time for New Years, and a January First spent in poverty until Uncle Sam can send me that big check for being a breeder. This year of course is quite different as we have serious inflation going on while the denial of said inflation is going on. Needless to say this year was spent spending a little more and a little more and a little more on things like groceries and gasoline until I had no money left over in my savings account. This really hadn't been a problem since I had given up on cigarettes and women, which were my only extra expenses anyway. Then December hits.

I'm really not complaining thanks to the Fire Department and being the only truly poor family in a rich town {as many of you already know} the kids have never gone without, and in all reality that is what the holiday is about. Spoiling the kids rotten and then spending the next year teaching them about the real world, while trying to overcome how you have spoiled them rotten. It's the natural progression of things, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I then get to dedicate my mental resources to writing Christmas stories to amuse myself, and try to figure out how I am going to pay for the rest of the holiday. Of course the fact that almost the entire Pink Mafia is on vacation for most of December doesn't hurt either because the best Christmas gift I could ever get is having the Pink Mafia Headquarters all to myself, and thanks to having given up on giving up on women for lent, I have more free time to text and call the only Christmas present I wanted this year. Santa just introduced us a couple of weeks early is all ;8o)

For those who are missing the Christmas Countdown stories of old that aren't being reposted this year, or crave some of the Christmas graphics I have made over the years, I have created a site dedicated to them all .. The 365 Days of Christmas @ The Whacko Dot Com .. Feel free to poke around it or any of the Madman's site The Whacko Dot Com