Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Resolutions & Various Other Things - Volume 2

The great move, and what a pain in the ass it was. Ok maybe it wasn’t such a pain in the ass, but I was pissy about it all the same. Blogger, who hosts my blogs on my site had decided that they were no longer going to support FTP {File Transfer Protocol} to sites off the blogger realm. This of course meant that I was going to have to either change over to a different blog host or, create my own PHP or some other dreadful thing to make my life miserable, just to have my blogs sitting safe and sound on my own server. For the love of God, I had already had my glory days stolen from me in the Yahole debacle, just to have people read my old blogs and ask me if I am delusional, but to have to do that again for what little comments I have now, made me moderately miserable. Other than these pithy little issues, I was going to have to do something, and NOT at the last minute, as I had so many times in the past.

Realistically I didn’t want to just start over again, because over 750 entries would have killed a ton of my free time, and I had spent an entire week doing that back when I only had 200. There was also that cookie of hope that I could get an actual follower if I just went to the Blogspot host, with a redirection from my original blog url {blog.jeremycrow4life.com} and who knows maybe I will. The “followers” feature is not supported by the “offsite” FTP version of Blogger, and I am just getting too old to consider an “online community” again. Please shoot me if I do, because in one form or another {my ego, or perceived injustices} it never ends well. Realistically I didn’t have a clue what I was going to do and it had sapped the will to write or play on Twitter out of me as I tried to figure out a solution. Ok I was sick as a dog and busy too, so I guess the “blame game” isn’t accurate either. It’s moderately amusing that I ended up back where I started {jeremycrow4life.blogspot.com} and I get about as many readers now as I did 5 years ago when I started this page.

Again this will now link my blog with my site in a different way, than it had in the past. Before it was my writing that got me some minor notoriety, and through that I had created a site in which to link my writings together. Later on it became a toy for me to play with various web scripts, coding, design, and whatnot. It also became a place for me to merge what had at one time been a rather popular fan art hobby along with it all. The fun for those of my real inner circle, has been laughing along with me when I really screwed something up {who can forget the Palestinian hacker that had control of my site for a few days there when I bungled the PSP scripts of The Coffee House} with my writing being the bedrock of it all as I rarely screwed it up despite what stupid things I said at times. Now with the new “offsite” 303 coding necessary to redirect my pages to the Blogspot pages, you can almost taste a whole new level of stupid things I can do, and will! Come to think of it maybe my Palestinian friend might come back and get this when he’s bored.

For anyone who is new to the world of Jeremy Crow, I am what I am. I am an overly political, overly imaginative, overly creative, and often overly egotistical manifestation of 40 years of being Jeremy Crow. I have my good points and my bad points, but I rarely have any mid points. Don’t confuse any of those times when you are confused with being at a mid point. I’m most likely still at a good point or a bad point, you just haven’t figured it out yet. I will admit that I am a bit worried now that I have my blogs on an actual Blogspot hosting instead of my own website because well back in the good ol days, my stalkers would mercilessly try to get me banned from everywhere. Of course they couldn't on my own site, and that was a plus. On a brighter note my stalkers have since waned away and all the peckerheads that swarmed me from Newsvine don't read anything I write, and just write insults with a lot of swears in it, so they wouldn't be privy to the things that would get me banned anyway. What's worse is that when it all came right down to it, I didn't care if I was, so I stayed on Blogger. Oh yeah, and the laziness ;8o)

Let me know what you think of any of my new formats and FOLLOW ME DAMNIT {oh well I tried} ...

Other Crap This Weirdo Publishes... The Crow's Nest {The Homepage of Jeremy Crow} Mental Notes & Random Musings {Daily Blog} Mental Rants & Political Rage {For Those That Like His Political Rantings} Mental Imagry & Random Perversion {Adult Stories .. Assume they are rated X} Itching For Coffee {Community Blog} Jeremy Crow on Twitter {For The Easily Amused} Blogaholics Anonymous {E-Mail Blogging Group}

Nothing that was printed here was intended to offend anyone, and if it did, screw ya, you begged for it. If you believe that there are some measures that can be taken to change me, then please feel free to pray for me, and while you are at it yourself, because you read this far, and if you hated every minute of it, then you are an idiot, not me, or the other people who like what I have to say! .. Jeremy

Want More Free Art? ...Visit the new angelis deZines on the web at jeremycrow4life.com/angelisdezines

All writings Copyright © 2009 & Beyond The Crows Nest