Thursday, January 31, 2008

Things You Learn From the Community - Volume 1

Want More Free Art? ...Visit the new angelis deZines on the web at www.jeremycrow4life.com/angelisdezines

So in between all of my “What are you a fucking idiot?” messages I get one from someone that I have known a few years asking me why I don’t use “tags” on Multiply. It was perfectly innocent, because she was trying to point out to me how they make the things that you do easier to find, organized, yaddita yaddita. My response was pretty simple when I said that “I have had enough of being found,” and I truly meant it. Note that I changed to a "generic" title of this blog thread? I have learned that 8 entries with the name of a "Community Site" does you no good when you escape, so I finally went generic. Don't get me wrong, I go through withdrawal periods. When I went from hundreds of comments a day on Yahole to dozens of comments a day on Myspace, and then sold my soul for dozens of comments a day on CherryTap {now known as Fubar I think} and settled into obscurity with a smile on my face. Trust me when I say it is a lot better to have a healthy chuckle with a few people, then to have an outpouring by weirdoes.

Now I realize that many of the people I consider good online friends were once among the weirdoes that I accumulated in some of these places, but with Yahole destroying their 360 and Multiply actively recruiting them, it would be suicide to recruit amongst the seriously fucked up that inhabited 360 at the end. The seriously fucked up that made 360 the toilet that it was, and if anyone thinks that I had a hard time transitioning from being an online “somebody” into an online “once in a while somebody” it will be nothing compared to those that Yahole turned into monsters. Hell around here they actually have commercials on the radio about “cyber bullies” that the Yahole 369 culture cultivated like rose bushes. Adding tags to my posts might bring in more people, but at this point in my writing “career” {for lack of a better word} it translates to “lazy people” who percentage wise want to do a hit and run. People always show up quicker because they hate what you say as opposed to like it.

Somehow by a miracle of fate, I got to old for that crap. It was a quick transition as life got really difficult back in September with the near death of my father, and my stupidity to take him into my fold like another child. I couldn’t even imagine what all of that hell would be like if I was still out there cultivating an overinflated online readership at the same time. It was insane, and now that I am treating my time like it has a certain value {which it does when you have almost none of it} I was able to conjure up this brutal vision of whacked former 360 types showing up to start trouble because I actually advertised with a tag. I’ve been down that road before already too when a simple Tagworld tag of “Superdaddyman” brought in the wrath of past cyber weirdoes who missed screwing with me. Secretly deep down inside I missed screwing back, but am ill equipped to deal with people that are completely devoid of conscience and have full anonymity as their shield. You’ll never make a rotten orange fresh again, and just throwing it in the trash will NOT make the smell go away.

I could say that I am rather proud of myself for giving up on attention seeking but it was a lot easier than that really. I had it taken away from me through a series of circumstances that were either beyond my control or I finally let go of. My war with the ownership of CherryTap was somewhat famous, and to a certain extent I enjoyed the fact that I couldn’t be “owned” by those morons like the other morons who bowed to it. It was a lot of hard work gone to waste and it was expensive to say the least, just to have an explosion at the end. A lot of other people suffered some of my after effects as well, and having a conscience always puts you at a disadvantage when it comes to those games. Some of the most destructive factors in it all were people that I had let into my inner circle, and it led me to believe that I am just not that fucking smart. I am smart enough though now a days to know not to advertise. I treat my multiply site as a place for anyone that wants to see what I am up to, or get a taste of my mind to do so, but I am not letting “tags” speak for me. My long windedness has become a rather good shield on it’s own, and my lust for attention will always be there, but it doesn’t have to be cultivated ;8o)

Other Crap This Weirdo Publishes... Mental Notes & Random Musings {Daily Blog} The Crow's Nest {The Homepage of J~ Crow}

Nothing that was printed here was intended to offend anyone, and if it did, screw ya, you begged for it. If you believe that there are some measures that can be taken to change me, then please feel free to pray for me, and while you are at it yourself, because you read this far, and if you hated every minute of it, then you are an idiot, not me, or the other people who like what I have to say! .. Jeremy

All writings Copyright © 2008