Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Day in the Life of Jeremy Crow - Volume 3

I went to vote today in the primaries. It’s not really a momentous event living on the seacoast and all, but I like to go and see who has the most signs out actually. I am happy to say that this is another primary year that doesn’t include a presidential election that I was able to walk into the elementary school and not see a single sign for anyone that I intended to vote for. Again as this is simply an off year and there is really nothing to gum up, I was able to go in and get one of the pink ballets {the really big pile that at best 17 people before me grabbed one of} and then go into the booth and scribble in the little circles. If this had been a presidential primary year then the pink pile would have been almost non existent as all of the members of the other party would have reregistered as independents so they could have at the pink pile, because the state law here is that you can be totally uncommitted to a political party and effect the outcome of either political parties primaries.

This has always made me rather sad because as an admitted member of a specific party I get to take on the stereotypes and stigmas of that party and then in the end watch any old uncommitted person simply glide in at the end and put their two bits in. Of course I do happen to be fortunate that I am intelligent and an asshole at times like that so that I can simply point out to “unregistered voters” that it is a form of cowardice to not stand for anything, when they try to tell me that they are simply “open minded” but in the end it still really means that I am a much smaller minority in my own political process. Three races were being contested, and the other 11 were unopposed. I wrote myself in on all the ones that were being unopposed because I hate that, and I voted for the three that I actually showed up to vote for. One because I used to date his daughter back in college, another because his name kinda amused me, and the last because the other heavily endorsed candidate was being endorsed by the local newspaper that never stands for anything I believe in which means he has to actually be Satan, while the one I voted for has always been a good state senator, and is endorsed by the guy who owns the sporting goods shop that sponsored my daughter’s Little League team.

The fact of the matter is that thanks to independent involvement in our primaries we have seen the last 4 presidential primaries here turn into a total farce. Bill Clinton lost in New Hampshire to the man I voted for in the presidential primary {Paul Tsongas .. Bet you’re shocked to know that I used to grab from the blue pile} and then went on to smoke him throughout the rest of the country. We then watch Pat Buchanan beat Bob Dole in the primary to be the presidential nominee to basically not win another state I am pretty sure, but could be wrong. I can’t even remember who I voted for in that one but had totally sworn off the blue pile as 4 years of the joker we had in the white house at the time had cured that malady. A rather pandering little candidate by the name of John McCain ended up winning the primary the next go around by actively campaigning to have the blue pile people re-enroll as pink pile people, to the tune that in making our current president look bad made Al Gore almost lose the election as they had forgotten that he wasn’t running unopposed, and then in the last one the Gigolo was able to take the election easily because his old base had pretty much escaped his old state for the way his people ran it. He was never a legitimate candidate anyway, but they had to elect someone didn’t they?

It really doesn’t matter around here people tell me and I actually do agree with them. I am a little pink spec in a small blue state that is slowly but surely being taken over by the residents of that state below me. They all flee that state because of the oppressive tax structure and the totally business unfriendly environment. It gets more expensive to live there every year because the people there quite frankly are insane. They want the state to take care of them from birth to grave, and then whine about how expensive it is to do so. Their salaries are slowly but surely eaten up by higher taxes on everything while it pretty much takes 2 tax payers to support every non tax payer. The state has also made it an official “safe zone” for illegal immigrants and they flock there like mad making it more expensive to get health care, auto insurance, and property, as anyone who isn’t a legal resident doesn’t have to pay for these things. It’s the catch 22 in the whole plate. This is the reason I vote in every election despite the fact that for every one of me there is, there are 3 refugees from that other state that don’t want to pay for all of the things they are showing up at the polls to vote for here now. I have not surrendered to them yet, and that’s the intelligent asshole shining through ;8o)

Have a question you want answered? Feel free to ask this sicko! Post any question you want Jeremy Crow to answer in the comments section of this blog and he will answer it totally honestly and to the best of his ability A.S.A.P. {One Question & One Answer per Blog, and no answers will be given to things that will harm others!}

Nothing that was printed here was intended to offend anyone, and if it did, you begged for it. If you believe that there are some measures that can be taken to change me, then please feel free to pray for me, and while you are at it yourself, because you read this far, and if you hated every minute of it, then you are an idiot, not me, or the other people who like what I have to say! .. JC~

Other Crap This Weirdo Publishes ... Mental Notes & Random Musings {Daily Blog} Mental Notes - TagWorld Edition {Whenever} The Crow's Nest {The Homepage of J~ Crow}

All writings Copyright © 2006 Jeremy Fink and The Crow's Nest