Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Crow's Spooktacular Halloween Countdown: No. 4


So now we get to the only series of movies that gets TWO appearances. Freddy Krueger, is the ULTIMATE, horror movie character. The “Nightmare on Elm Street” concept, not only survived all of the sequels, it was worthy of having almost all of them. The character himself, was without a doubt the most endearing of them all, as he was able to have a fan base that looked at him like the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Tunes, of the 90’s. In reality “Nightmare on Elm Street 3 …Dream Warriors” was my personal favorite, but most people tell me I am an idiot anyway. The concept that was put into play in this movie was that a cast of kids with “dream manipulation abilities” beyond normal human beings could bring Freddy down, in my opinion was PURE GENIUS, and the fact that they whooped his ass, made the movie shocking. He did get even with them in the 4th movie, but hey, what did you expect, he’s Freddy Krueger after all.

The band who did the title track to “Dream Warriors” was known as “Dokken” who up until this hit busted out through the “Nightmare on Elm Street” moniker, was a very niche’ market band that appealed to aficionados of metal. People like myself, knew about them, because they ALL were the most gifted musicians of the hair band days. Don Dokken was a perfectionist, with his vocals. George Lynch, was probably the greatest guitarist {couldn’t sing to save his life though}, and Jeff Pilson was without a doubt a bassist who rivaled Billy Sheehan and all the “Greats” of that time. The drummer “What’s his Name” wasn’t bad either. The fame that this song brought Dokken led to two great albums afterwards, and their Super Stardom inevitably killed them, as their actual hatred of each other broke up the band, and they never could make it without each other. Thieu Last Song … “Walk Away” summed the entire disaster that had become of Dokken … but this song started it … “Dream Warriors” …


Dream Warriors

I lie awake and dread the lonely nights
I'm not alone
I wonder if these heavy eyes
Can face the unknown
When I close my eyes I realize
You'll come my way
I'm standing in the night alone
Forever together
With the dream warriors
Don't wanna dream no more
With the dream warriors
And maybe tonight
Maybe tonight you'll be gone
I feel the touch comin' over me
I can't explain
I hear the voices callin' out
Callin' my name
It's the same desire to feel the fire
That's comin' your way
I'm standing in the night alone
Forever together
With the dream warriors
Don't wanna dream no more
With the dream warriors
And maybe tonight
Maybe tonight you'll be gone

Question … What is your ABSOLUTE FAVORITEST CANDY to get on Halloween? … Now I realize that you all don’t actually Trick or Treat anymore, but if you are like me, then you make the kids dump out all of their candy and take your “Daddy Tax” … right?

For those of you poor souls in countries that are Halloween deprived … just tell us your favorite candy, or “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” episode {My usual backup question … lol} ;8o)